DISCOVER HAITI Hands Of Humanity
HANDS OF HUMANITY
Travel, Adventure, Culture, Humanitarianism
Cap Haitien is Haiti's second largest city
A colorful Tap Tap, Haiti's main form of public transportation
Smiling faces are everywhere in Haiti!
Haiti is home to some of the Caribbean's most colorful art
Haiti has some great small and cozy hotels
Haiti is filled with hidden wonders
Haiti has thousands of miles of pristine beaches
Natural wonders abound!
Carnaval in Jacmel
Haiti has many colors!
The great northern fortress
French influenced Creole food
ILE A VACHE
A beautiful island in Haiti
ILE A VACHE
The new site of development for high end tourism in Haiti
SANS SOUCI PALACE
One of Haiti's Treasures
Haiti has beautiful mountains
SUNSET AT THE BEACH
Tranquility at its best
Natural wonders abound
"Men Anpil Chay Pa Lou" (Many hands make the load lighter) - Haitian Proverb
*This site is sanctioned by the Orthodox Metropolis of Mexico and His Eminence Athenagoras*
Hands of Humanity supports the St. Jean de Freres Orthodox Elementary School in Petionville, HAITI. The school educates 375 children absolutely FREE. In a country where 50% of children cannot afford to go to school, it is the best opportunity they have to better their lives.
Please SPONSOR A CHILD.
Click here for a message from Fr. Barnabas
Click here for a VIDEO MESSAGE from Father Barnabas (English)
Click here for a VIDEO MESSAGE from Father Barnabas (GREEK)
Click here for more information about the school
Hands of Humanity is a 501(c)3 U.S. Federal Nonprofit Corporation, EIN# 26-2601219. Our mission is to connect Hands Of Humanity travelers with people of our destination countries in meaningful "one on one" interaction. We invite you to travel and work with us on our projects. The hope is that exposure to the developing world will enlighten them to the world outside their own and inspire them to continue humanitarian service in their lives. Past travelers have had life-changing human experiences and an opportunity to change people's lives FOREVER. You may find that the life you change may be your own!
HAITI - "Haiti will change your life for the better, and forever"
There are few places in the western hemisphere that you can go to that will have such a profound impact on your life and on your soul. Sure, we've all heard about the poverty, the misery and the "danger" of Haiti. But Haiti is so much more than that.
Our staff will focus on your comfort and security while providing you with superior customer service. Rest assured that when you travel with Hands Of Humanity you’re among friends and you will have the experience of a lifetime.
"Discover Haiti" Tours
Our "Discover Haiti" Tours are geared specifically for those who want to discover Haiti whether it be for the first time, or the 20th time (like our staff!). Haiti is a paradise for secluded beaches, art, music
"Hands On Haiti" Tours
Our "Hands On Haiti" Tour is for those who want to do more than just see and experience the country and its people. We have partnered with several NGOs where we can participate in their project. Typically our day will be split between working and touring.
ALL OUR TOURS INCLUDE:
* FULLY GUIDED TOURS- All trips are headed by Costa of Hands Of Humanity or Terry from Haiti Travel Adventures. Each group will also have a Haitian interpretor to assist us.
* HOTELS - We typically stay in mid-scale hotels when we travel through the country. They are clean, safe and . We can arrange for your stay from a hostel to a 4 star luxury hotel. Rooms are double occupancy *
* FOOD- Haiti's French heritage makes it a wonderful place to eat! From the street vendors who sell fresh roasted chicken, to 4 star French restaurants, Haiti has it all. Breakfast and lunch are included with both tours as well as an introductory and farewell dinner.
* TRANSPORTATION - We encourage you to walk around in most areas of Haiti as they are safe. Haiti has a system of transportation called "tap taps". However, all HOH transportation from airport pickup, to airport drop-off and everything in between is done in a modern bus.
- Rountrip airfare to Haiti
- Exit Fee
- Alcoholic beverages
* Single room supplement is available
CUBA - We are currently in the process of applying for a travel license for Cuba through the State Department. Join our mailing list to stay tuned on events.